Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sunshine for our Sunshine state

At the moment I'm by myself at home and have had time to reflect on the devastation in Queensland. I think a bit of sunshine from our hearts needs to be sent to that part of our sunny country.
A couple of years ago, you may remember, I was running Rainbow Comfort Packs for the Children effected by the Victorian Bush fires. It was close to home, so became automatic for me to do it.
My questions to you all are:
1. Do you feel you want to help in some way, but don't know how or have the funds?
2. If you remember the Rainbow Comfort Packs, do you think you'd like to contribute to this idea again?

A refresher or to briefly enlighten those who don't know what I'm talking about when I mention Rainbow Comfort Packs, read about them here, when we were doing them for the Vic. Bush fires.
If this begins again, there will be more control as to what goes into the packs and better co-ordination with what we need etc.

Anyway, please leave your thoughts, ideas and links to auctions etc that are raising funds for this cause.
Stay safe. Mon x

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Monica -
Perhaps you could link up with the soft toy drive - http://monpetitpoppet.blogspot.com/2011/01/hope-softies.html

...?

Penny said...

Just wanted to say I thought it was a really good idea, but I don't think I'd have time this time round: I did a couple of bags last time.

With all best wishes to the people in Queensland whose houses were flooded.