Friday, July 25, 2008

Time for a snuggle!

It's winter in my part of the world and although it seems mild (ie; no snow around, lots of sunshine), it's fun to get all snugly and warm when we play outside!

I've been getting crafty and have whipped up some woolly beanies for the shop. (under the Made for bpab label)
These are pretty special, because I've used all reclaimed (or recycled) fabrics and trims.
The knits are old jumpers!
The trims are odd buttons and unwanted (or long forgotten) wool.
The only thing I've used NEW would be the over locking thread....... hehehe

They are pretty free form in size and shape, but should add a bit of mischief to any child's wardrobe!
Miss Chai modelling the 'buttons' beanie $15

And sneak peeks at the others.....



'Pom-pom' $17


'Owl' $17


'Holey stitches!' $15

Nanny June (as in the girl's grandmother, not the hired help that I would love!), has enjoyed making a few zany scarfs for bpab.... they are limited editions and come in 5 glorious colours!
Knitted long ways and using a different type of wool for each row, they are truly a work of art.
Thanks Nanny! Look under Made for bpab to see the lot.


1 comment:

Nikki said...

Very very cute and snuggly.... perfect for this chilly Melbourne weather.... and beyond, I'm sure!

Thanks for swinging by my blog. Good to know I'm not alone on the sewing machine/kid thing!